Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cooking inspiration


Where do I go for new ideas in the kitchen? Well, it depends. Sometimes it is my own refrigerator. I see a pile of basil and a bag of limes, both ready to be used immediately, and I do an online search with those two ingredients. Voila the Basil Lime Refresher.

This morning I have been searching for recipes for Lavender Ice Cream. Why? Last week's visit to Screamin' Mimi's Ice Cream in Sebastopol, California is my inspiration. I had a small scoop of lavender and a small scoop of rose ice cream. Oh.my.word. Subtle. Sublime. Perfect.





My partner in crime preferred his scoops served affogato (ice cream with shots of espresso poured over.) I can't remember what kind of ice cream it was, but I am sure it was chocolate and goopy with stuff mixed in (nuts? caramel? cookies?) It didn't last long.




There was also plenty of inspiration for home decorating. If I could have put this chair in my car....

Lavender ice cream recipe to try.
Rose ice cream recipe to try.

And for another time...Mojito Sorbet? MOJITO SorBET?? YES! Off for more recipe searching.

Just in time for Fourth of July!

No comments: