Friday, August 13, 2010

Continuing through the list



Last night's Lavender Creme Brulee was a hit. My next brulee I will make in smaller dishes, though. It is very rich. My uncle once got a trio of brulees at a restaurant; they were served in teensy little cups, sort of a sampler, or flight, of brulees. That seems perfect to me. Two tastes of each, and you have just enough.

We've also had Thai-Style Grilled Chicken (you can see the recipe online if you join here.) It, too, was a hit. I love the combination of flavors in Thai food.

I hit two snags in my list: asian pears and persimmons are (duh!) autumn harvest here, so I will wait for that salad. Instead, I have made a pasta salad that I will post soon. Also, my roses stopped blooming before I could get their petals, and roses for rose water have to be pesticide-free. I'm working on finding some elsewhere, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. I have ordered rose water to make my ice cream, though. It will take more than a missing rose to keep us from that ice cream.

Next up: Scallop and snow pea stir-fry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to say that I'm enjoying your blogs' looks! It seems that we share many similar interests - I have been an Ambleside Online user for many years... and we share some of the same cookbooks; yet, I live in the bottom half of the world...

Di said...

Well, I guess I haven't been very current with checking comments, have I? I am so glad to see you here and to spend some time on your blog. We Do share many interests. Thanks for commenting (and I promise to work on my comment behavior!)
Diane