Friday, February 11, 2011

Where did the muffins go?

Mom's friend Rosemary brought these muffins over with a dinner meal after we brought Mom home, assuming that we might need some breakfast food as well. They didn't even make it to dinner; in fact, they were gone almost instantly. I highly recommend them, not because I loved them; I didn't even taste them. I just know that at my mother's service at least one child asked Rosemary for the recipe.

If I hover close enough to the oven, maybe I will get one this time.


Banana Muffins (or cake)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
2 c. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 1 c. sugar; add eggs (one at a time) until well-blended. Add bananas, vanilla, sour cream and mix well.

In separate bowl mix together flour, soda, baking powder, salt.

Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing just until combined.

Bake in muffin tin for approximately 20 minutes.

No comments: