Thursday, November 11, 2010

The new cooking list




My plans for cooking in the next few months include:

Bean and chicken taquitos (SBR)
Cheez-it-ish crackers (AMFT)

Asian pear, persimmon, almond salad (SBR)
Couscous salad (AMFT)

Cheese-topped onion soup (AMFT)
Provencal vegetable soup (AMFT)





Coffee-braised spoon lamb (SBR)
Shot-and-a-beer pork stew (SBR)
Flank steak and red onion (?)
Gratin Parmentier (from dear friend Marcia)
Spicy Thai noodles (from my recipe box)
Cousin Jack pasty (from Mom's recipe box)
Chicken in a pot: the garlic and lemon version (AMFT)
Chicken tangine with sweet potatoes and prunes (AMFT)


Pumpkin pancakes (Libby's label)
Oatmeal bran breakfast cookies (TBB)
Ginger shortbread (TBB)


Plum kuchen (from Mom's recipe box)
Long and slow apples (AMFT)
Chocolate peppermint cookies (MS)
Tuiles (MS)

Sources:

Around my French Table (AMFT)
The Breakfast Book by Marian Cunningham
Martha Stewart Holiday Cookies (MS) (I am using a current magazine that was at the grocery store, but I could not find an amazon link for it. Holiday cookies, pinkish red cover, in your grocery aisle most likely.)
Sunset Best Recipes 2010 (SBR) (FYI: By far the best choice I made for recipe inspiration this year.)

2 comments:

Quotidian Life said...

Man, am I a sucker for those grocery store magazines. Every one looks so promising... and better than the last one I bought. I bet Martha Stewart is a good pick, though.

Di said...

I know what you mean, Melissa. I made a rule for myself: I will buy Sunset recipe books, but anything else i need to be in line long enough to read the thing and make sure there are enough recipes I can't live without. Even without rule, I have been disappointed a Sunset or two...I think their 2010 recipe one is my best cookbook right now, but some of the other ones have repeats and were not good choices.

~Di